Friday, June 12, 2009

TOUR OF COUNTRYSIDE

Today was our last day in Nanchang.  We leave at 8:00 am for the last leg of the trip....Guangzhou and the famous White Swan Hotel.  Our time here has gone very fast and I'm going to be sad to leave the Jiangxi province.  It's where my beautiful girl is from and it will always hold a special place in my heart.
 
We took a tour of a local village today in the countryside.  Our guide told us the village that our girls were from is a much poorer village that the one we saw today.  Hard to imagine.
The people from this village were very friendly and we were invited into a couple of their homes.  It was a wonderful experience to see.  I just feel the need to soak in everything about this country, because they have given me the most amazing little girl.  I'm forever grateful.

9 comments:

Jeanette said...

WOW...

mary said...

Great pictures....I can't wait to hear the story behind each of those pictures...

Madge said...

This is so neat that you have gotten to see this much of China and have learned so much in such a short period of time. You have great pictures to show Ava when she gets older. Enjoy the rest of your trip. Can't wait to hear all about it and meet sweet Ava.

kc said...

what an awesome adventure you have been on! AND, can't believe that people just invite you into their homes. Can you imagine doing that? Ava looks so content with you two! I think she is going to be very funny! Have a safe trip on the next leg -- You are getting close!

t~ said...

Great pics!

You are so close to White Swan heaven! Enjoy the last leg!

Truly Blessed said...

I felt the same way about leaving Jiangxi. You leave a little of your heart behind when you get on that airplane.

So cool that you were able to "meet" some of the locals on your tour yesterday -- the day we went to the countryside it poured cats & dogs and we couldn't see a thing out of the windows, let alone stop the stupid bus to get out and really look around. Oh well, we'll go back some day.

That little Ava certainly is a charmer, isn't she?

Enjoy the White Swan and Shamian Island! Have fun shopping and remember those hints & tips I sent!

Jen said...

Though we have never met, I just wanted to say thank you for letting people follow your awesome journey in China. I love to read everyones new posts-- I am new to the adoption journey and am inspired by others stories!

Enjoy the rest of your journey in China -- your Ava is a cutie!

meme said...

Wonderful pictures! Ava sure is a litte sweetheart. From your Kentucky Friend Linda

J said...

What a wonderful opportunity to tour the countryside. Our guides did not offer this for us. A definite must for our next visit. Thanks for sharing.