We spent a wonderful day in Beijing today. The weather was supposed to be about 85-90, but instead.....It was cool and rainy. None of us minded as we weren't looking forward to climbing the Great Wall in that kind of heat. In fact, with the rain I was a little bit chilly and wished that I had brought my jacket. Veronica took us to the Forbidden City, Tiananmen Square and the Great Wall today. Beijing is just amazing and both J and I kept saying, "Can you believe we're REALLY here??" We were also taken to the Friendship Store where we shopped and also ate lunch. We picked up a couple gifts to give to Ava when she is older, but didn't want to get too much here since they will have to weigh our bags tomorrow. We're planning on buying Ava a suitcase for the way home and after we get that....We can do more seious shopping and actually have a place to put it. We had a full day of touring today and got back to our hotel around 5:30 pm. With the lack of sleep, we both are feeling quite exhausted. We took a quick shower and then decided to venture out by ourselves and take a little walk around the area near our hotel. I heard the CCAA building was pretty much across the street from our hotel, but we couldn't find it. I really wanted to get a photo taken in front of the building. =( The streets are crazy busy here.....It's nothing like we're used to back home. We're planning on getting to bed early tonight. We have to have our bags ready to go by 4:30 am. Our flight is leaving at 8:00 am for Nanchang and we need to leave the hotel by 5:50 am. We have a date to call the kids on skype at 9:00 pm and after that.....We're hitting the hay (or the slab!). ;) Our guide told us that she contacted the orphanage and all the babies are doing well. She said that the babies will be leaving the orphanage early tomorrow morning and we will be meeting them at our hotel about 3:30 pm. I can't even put into words what we're feeling right now. We will be meeting our daughter tomorrow!!! TOMORROW!! My stomach is doing flip flops.....I can hardly believe that tomorrow we will walk into a room and be handed our beautiful baby girl. The day we have been dreaming about all these years is now just a few hours away........Our next post will be of Ava Day. At last! |
Sunday, June 7, 2009
BEIJING TOUR
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment