Wednesday, June 10, 2009

SLEEP UPDATE

Ava has been sleeping in the crib next to the bed for the last two nights. As much as I wanted to sleep with her, this is working out so much better for all three of us. She seems much more comfortable being in a more confined space. You can still see her little foot hanging over the top of the crib most of the time. =) FINALLY, I slept a total of 9 hours last night!!! I have only been able to sleep until midnight or 1:00 am and then I'm usually wide awake. I've been ready to crash by 5:30 each night from being totally exhausted. We didn't even set up a time to talk to the kids last night because staying up until 8:00 pm feels like 1:00 am to me!! We also can't talk them to get up any earlier on their side, so talking with them in the morning (our time) seems like the best plan for all of us! Ava really is a sound sleeper. (Thank God!!) She really doesn't get upset very often...Only when she is sleepy or if she wants something and you aren't moving fast enough to give it to her! =) When they said this child is "strong willed"....They were right!I can also see why they called her "little boy" because she is one tough little girl! She is also VERY much the girly girl in regards to loving her hair brushed and then doing it herself. She loves her little musical purse and takes everything out to look at and then puts it all back in again. She notices her clothing and smiles. I put on her little socks that had a flower on them and she pointed to it and then looked up at me and smiled. She then pointed over to her shoes with a look of....Go fetch those for me now!! I put them on her and then she changed her mind and decided she didn't want them after all. =) This child has us wrapped around her little finger and knows it!! We have had to tell her no when she is trying to pry my nose off my face. She doesn't do it in a mean way, she giggles as she is abusing me! Her Daddy told her no in Chinese and you should have seen the look on her face!! I'm quite certain she has heard that word before!! We have a tour of the city today and then another tour tomorrow of the country side. The park yesterday was BEAUTIFUL....It was wonderful to walk outside in such a peaceful area. I'm sorry it took so long between posts....I know of one person that likes to have an update to read while having her morning coffee and I failed her!! =)

4 comments:

Mary said...

Thanks for the update!!!! I was going a little nuts with out a new post.... but I know that you are doing the best you can... I am thankful you got some sleep...Sounds like everything is going great!!! Ava sounds like a fashion diva in the making!!!! I love it!!!

Jeanette said...

I cant wait to see her wrap her big brother around her little finger and watch him run and fetch for her..and he will love every second of it...
what a great little personality she has..you have been truly blessed with Ava thats for sure, and her with you...

C's Mom said...

So nice to have another sleep goddess out there :0) Gotta love our Jiangxi girls!

Truly Blessed said...

Count me as one who checked your blog about 50 times for an update -- so glad you were so prolific this evening (well, morning for you).

Like you, we tried to sleep with our oldest daughter -- who wanted NOTHING to do with sleeping with us (still doesn't). Give her her own space, her own special blanket and pitch black and she's a champion sleeper! You tried, and that counts for a whole lot. So glad you're able to sleep now (especially without getting kicked in your already abused nose!).

Fun times. Enjoy Jiangxi!