Before you read too far I must warn you that this is not L but rather J. I, like many of you have enjoyed this blog for the past 3+ years. What makes this significant is that I already thought I knew this woman...and have been delighted to find that in her writing I have discovered a humor and wit that makes me love her all the more. The above title is why I am writing at 3:45 am. The little slice of heaven between L and I is an ACTIVE sleeper. For what ever reason she rotates counter clockwise so that I get this beautiful sleeping face and L gets these crazy flailing feet (think Bruce Lee). Kevlar would be helpful! To get to the point...I am just plain thankful. For my wonderful wife who has propelled us to this magic point in time. Her dedication (at times I thought obsession) with this seemingly never ending process has brought us here. For God who has given us this priceless jewel. For a mother who under an impossible policy made sure this child was found in a conspicuous place. And for a nanny that loved her so much she brought her "work home with her at night." Finally I am humbled at being so wonderfully blessed five times in my life...a special woman and now four wonderful children to share this journey. All I can think to say is thank you...thank you God. Now off to bed to try and get a little sleep next to crazy legs...I'm in love! |
Monday, June 8, 2009
CRAZY LEGS AND A LITTLE SLICE OF HEAVEN
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

10 comments:
Beautifully written from the heart. Again, I'm in tears. First your wife and now you! You are all very lucky and very blessed.
Awwwwwww... You are so lucky!!! You have the perfect family!!
OK - I have been able to hold it together - until now -- WHAT A BEAUTIFUL POST! good thing you can post, It may have taken me awhile for that one.
OH GOD J...that was beautiful...L has had me teary many times through this journey of yours but now you've made me cry pure tears of joy for you both...i'm off to go sob into my glass of wine...give Ava a big kiss from miss J...
Hi, I am so happy for you both and your beautiful daughter. She is beautiful. Looking forward to meeting her on our next trip to the USA... best wishes , Jean Lofts, Australia.
What a beautiful post from Daddy!! Congrats on your newest addition...she is beyond adorable!
Incredibly sweet! Crying again...
Well now, isn't J just to cute for words. How on earth did he not know your wit? I've loved you before I met you because of it. L and J...I am so happy for your family...though I've only personally met one of you, I think you all are spec~TAC~ular!
*sniff* *Sniff* Oh my gosh that was so beautiful!!
I just read your post J and it is so sweet because it is straight from the heart. You guys were definitely designed just for one another. We love you all...
D and L
Post a Comment