Sunday, June 21, 2009

IT'S LIKE SHE HAS ALWAYS BEEN HERE...

Ava is doing well.....REALLY well! I'm almost afraid that I'm going to jinx things because she is doing so well. Her sleeping was better last night, but she is still somewhat on China time. While in China she would go to bed about 7 PM and get up about 6 AM without waking up during the night. Here, she is waking up in the middle of the night for a couple of hours and then wants to go back to sleep around 6 AM for a few more hours. I hope it won't take long to get back into her other routine. J and I are STILL exhausted. For me, it doesn't help that my sinus infection is getting worse and I'm probably going to call the doctor in morning. I don't think the over the counter stuff is going to cut it with this one. I don't think I've ever felt THIS tired in my life. Jet lag bites. Big. Time.

Ava has done really well with meeting all of our animals. She was a little worried at first, but it wasn't long that she was pointing to them and laughing. The dogs all LOVE her because she is constantly dropping food out of her high chair. They follow her everywhere hoping that she will toss a cheerio their way.




I'm thinking my Daddy looks a little tired, eh?


Ian is THRILLED his baby sister is home! He told me the first night we were home that he was scared he would go to bed and he would wake up and Ava being here would have been just a dream.

Ava's first swim in the pool. As you can see.....She loved it!!

Our happy girl!! We're so blessed.



11 comments:

Lynn said...

Feel better L, J Happy Father's Day, and Oh my does she look happy! I just love that last picture of her!

I have that float too!

kc said...

She just makes me smile -- glad your adjustment has been fairly easy -- and I don't think that there is jinxing that smiley face!

J said...

Yeh !!! I love the pool shots. Happy Father's day J !!! What a special day.

Angela said...

Such a pretty baby!!!
I hope the attachment and bonding keeps going smoothly.

I do have a question for you, I have been looking at different carriers, and noticed that you had a Babyhawk, do you like it. I am about to order one, just wanted to ask your opinion.

Lisa and Tate said...

She is so precious! She looks so happy and healthy. You are so blessed, for sure!

Jetlag really does S**K the big one. Hang in there, soon the jetlag will be just a memory.

Jeanette said...

OMG, she sure is one happy little girl...i just LOVE that shot of her feeding Riley, looks like i've got some competition for his affections now...i am so happy for you...

Alyson and Ford said...

Happy Father's Day (belated)!
Get some sleep and take care of yourself! It will all be fine in a few more weeks. You're doing great!

Alyzabeth's Mommy for Nine Months

Mary said...

I really hope you start feeling better soon....I am thrilled that things are going so great!!

t~ said...

Jet lag does bite the big one. Hope you all can flip your schedule around. Ian sure is one insightful little boy, I know exactly how he feels. =0)

Polar Bear said...

Oh I just LOVE that last picture! What a happy girl!!

I hope you got to the doctor and are feeling better soon. There is nothing worse than a sinus infection.

Glad to read that Ava did so well meeting all the animals. I do worry about that a little. Seems like both Ava and LL adjusted just fine. :)

Special K said...

Love stopping by here and seeing that smiling face. She is so dang cute!

Feel better soon.