Monday, June 1, 2009

THE BIRTHDAY PAR-TAY!!

On Saturday, Ian celebrated his 9th B-day....And yes, I do realize I spelled out his name. I just figured how many "I" names are there anyway??! ;) Anyhoo, we took 7 of his closest friends out for a day of go karts, laser tag, bumper cars and all the pizza they could eat. The place we took them was about a 45 minute drive from our house. I had the pleasure of driving 6 of the boys there in my car (the twins met us there).....My husband had the pleasure of driving them home in his. I'm blessed to have a pretty mellow easy going 9 year old boy.....I realized what a typical 8-9 year old boy is like. Yikes.....They sure kept us on our toes. ;)




We brought "H" and her boyfriend to help keep watch of the kids. Those 8 boys even tired a couple of teenagers out. "H" & "M" were both fell asleep in the backseat of my car on the way home. ;)



"M" was excited that he was tall enough to ride the inside go karts!! ;)



Ian had a great party. We were just so thankful that we had decided not to do a sleep over THIS year. With the B-day party and the graduation.....We were all pretty tired by Sunday night. We need to get rested.....WE'RE LEAVING FOR CHINA IN 3 DAYS!!!!!!! =)


5 comments:

kc said...

OMG -- the final countdown -- did you get your pedi/mani yet? and what about . . .

Excited for all of you - looked like you had a lot of fun

Lynn said...

You are showered in blessings!

Mary said...

I ask and I get!!! Thanks for the pics!!! Looks like it was a great time!! I am glad you skipped the sleep over, it would have caused you a big headache!

J said...

You guys are the bomb !!! Wow, entertaining 9 boys! Happy B-day "I", the best birthday present is yet to come, sweet Ava. 3 days, whoo hoo !!

meme said...

Can't wait to travel to China with you. Prayers for a safe return are coming your way. Can't wait to see your little angel !!! From you Kentucky Friend Linda