When we went down to breakfast this morning and Veronica called us over and I first thought that we had a problem with the paperwork we did yesterday....Instead, she pulled a book out of her bag that said Half the Sky on it. I knew right away what it was. It was a book that they put together of photos of Ava during her time at the Fuzhou SWI. I immediately started to cry. It contained images that I thought I would never see. A little piece of the puzzle that was missing is missing no longer. The orphanage director wanted Veronica to give it to us. He is a kind man and most definitely cares for the children. This book is priceless to us and to our daughter. |
Saturday, June 13, 2009
THE GREATEST GIFT
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

12 comments:
What an amazing gift. One that I'm sure Ava will treasure for ever.
L this is a priceless piece of her story... I am crying too. I can not even believe my eyes...
What a blessing to have this for Ava! You're a lucky mama. :)
Wow! What a huge blessing to have. It certainly sounds like she was loved and well cared for.
WOW!!! What a wonderful blessing and gift that is to you and more importantly will be to Ava in the future!! I got goosebumps learning that you received this!
Wow! I've heard of another family from the same orphanage recently receiving one of these precious memory books! I wonder what determines if a child will have one! Our daughter is from Fuzhou SWI, also, and we would love to get a glimpse of her first 2 years without us when we travel (hopefully next month - still waiting on TA)! I know how much you will treasure this special gift! I can't quit crying! ;)
i'm crying again...that is the most wonderful gift you could bring home...How amazing that they made that up for you..What an awesome journey you are having...
That is SO GREAT!! WOW!! What a blessing indeed!!
Oh that book is such a wonderful gift! I'm tearing up as well. =) Enjoy your time together in GZ.
So amazing! You will cherish those pictures!! Wonderful!
Alyzabeth's Mommy for Nine Months
what an awesome gift for Ava and you and j --- you are very blessed to have such great nannies!
You are so right this is one of the most greatest gifts we could get as parents. Annalise is also a HTS kiddo and it was hard to read everything she when through on her own but it is wonderful to know it. I am putting it all together in a book with the tranzlation for her. Enjoy the rest of your trip.
Post a Comment