It's hard to believe that our time in China has already come to an end. So much of our adoption journey was difficult, but how wonderful it was, that once we FINALLY got here....Everything has gone very smoothly. I realize we still have our flights home and I'm really hoping that I haven't just jinxed myself! ;) We leave tonight for Shanghai where we will spend the night. We will be without our guide when we leave tonight and we have to take a 40 minute taxi ride to our hotel. The airport we leave from is close to the hotel....It should be interesting. ;) At least we will be traveling with another family from our group. We then take a morning flight to Tokyo and then a flight from Tokyo home. Hoping and praying we make it past all the temperature scans along the way. Fingers crossed. We then have about a 3 hour drive home from the airport...I'm quite certain we will be pretty exhausted!! We're so looking forward to seeing the kids and for Ava to meet her sister and two brothers! We have truly enjoyed our time here in China. We plan on coming back again someday when Ava is older, to show her this beautiful country. We're so incredibly grateful to the People's Republic of China for entrusting us with one of their beautiful children and also to that unknown person....The employee at the CCAA that made the most perfect match for our family. This child is more wonderful that I could have ever imagined in my sweetest of dreams and I can't believe she is really ours and we get to take her home! I had always felt for a long time that there was a part of me that was missing....Someone that was supposed to be here, but wasn't. Finally, the missing piece has been found....We have our Ava. My heart now feels whole....Our family is complete. Farewell from China! |
Wednesday, June 17, 2009
LAST POST FROM CHINA
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

19 comments:
Love Ava's "America Bound" outfit. :) I hope your trip continues to go smoothly all the way back home. I know the kids can't wait for you all to get home and to meet their new sis.
Talk to you soon!
Beautiful post. I'm so happy for you. Safe travels as you make your way home.
Perfectly said! Safe travels and when the jetlag is over... call me!! ; )
Have a safe and happy trip -- I too love the outfit -- It fits her perfectly! Auntie Kris did a fab job on that one! Ava looks like a VERY happy girl! Congrats and best wishes on your beautiful baby girl!
Love that belly!!!! Have a safe trip home!!! It will be nice to have your family all together...I can't believe that your time in China is over....
Goodness! Love the pictures!
Oh my gosh you can always make me cry!!
So thankful to God for such an awesome trip you've had to bring your baby girl home!!
Ava truly is so sweet and I know God had His hand in directing that employee to match you up with her!!
Congratulations again!!!d
Beautiful photos! What a personality Ava has! So glad to hear that things have gone well in China. Here's wishing for smooth travels home!
What a beauty!! Your post brings tears to my eyes!! So well written. Best Wishes for a safe and smooth travel home!!
Terri
Oh the belly picture -- how sweet is that?
Wishing you safe flights and smooth connections on the way home. Can't wait to see all six of you together for the first time!!
She's so adorable!! That smile! Safe, no problem travel wishes to you all. =)
I can't believe you are coming home !!! Good luck with the flight. It's so wonderful to see that sweet, sweet smile. I can't wait to see photos with the whole family. Your little "I" has waited a long time for his little sister.
Safe Travels my friend...it has been an emotional journey just sharing your journey via your blog!
Safe travels home!
Yep, that CCAA does one heck of a job knowing who ours kids are :0)
Thank you for sharing your journey to China. Can I ask what agency you went through?
Safe travels and blessings
Love, love, love the belly picture! She is just TOO adorable! And so happy looking! I wish you smooth travel home & transition to "every day life". I've so enjoyed watching your journey, learning what to expect on our trip (hopefully soon, come on TA!). Thank you for sharing your story!
She's beautiful!!
Have safe travels!
Yes, CCAA is amazing that they know which daughter belongs to which family!
Alyzabeth's Mommy for Nine Months!
Prayers for a safe trip home. Thank you for a wonderful trip to China. Your little angel is so beautiful, I am so happy for you both. From your Kentucky Friend Linda
I'm so happy for you guys! Hope your trip home was great. I can't wait for our Hope.
- Lynn's SO
Post a Comment