Tuesday, June 9, 2009
GETTING TO KNOW AVA
Ava is quite reserved when you first meet her. She wants to check you out first before she lets her true personality show. Ava is VERY smart. Ava likes to mimic the sounds you make with your voice. She does lots of babbling in baby talk. She likes to squeal. She wants nothing to do with a bottle. She uses a sippy cup and we also learned today that she can drink from a straw. Ava has had a stuffy nose the last couple days and we have put a tissue up to her nose, and twice she has tried to blow. Ava only gets upset when she is tired, but she will settle right into your neck when you hold her and is asleep in minutes. Ava likes to move around a lot at night. Her little legs are kicking and she hates having her covers on. As soon as you cover her back up . . . She kicks them right off. Ava LOVES to eat. If she doesn't want to try something she shakes her head no. She likes to pretend to give you some of her food, but as soon as she gets it up to your mouth . . . She takes it away and puts it in her mouth. IF she doesn't like something she is eating, she will only then try to put it in your mouth. Ava is close to walking. I don't think it will be long after we get home that she will be motoring around. Ava LOVES to be outside and see all the craziness on the streets when we're driving in the bus. She watches and points out the window. Ava doesn't like when strangers approach her. She quickly turns her head away. Ava doesn't like clothing from Walmart. I showed her an outfit and she put her hand out in protest with a little shake meaning no. I did have to buy one outfit as some of the clothing I bought is too small. Ava was said to weigh 22 pounds . . . I believe it to be true. Ava went to class with 9 other babies while in the orphanage. She was taught songs and other things in that class. Ava, I believe is right on target for a baby of her age. If your baby is in the Fuzhou Orphanage . . . Not to worry. They will be just fine. ;) Ava didn't mind her bath this morning . . . She didn't like it, but she didn't mind it either. She has beautiful black wavy hair. Ava had her first BM today. Her Daddy had just mixed up some "poop tea" that Veronica had given us, but while he was mixing it up . . . She was getting the job done. Ava likes to bounce up and down. If you stop bouncing her . . . She starts doing it herself. Ava likes to be held by both J and I, but when she's tired . . . Mama is who she wants. Ava is very picky if there is food or anything on her clothing. She had something on her sock and she picked it off. She then looked at the bottom of the other one to make sure there was nothing on that one too. Ava had many bug bites when she came to us. Veronica said that it's because the orphanage is in the country side. Ava will point to the bug bites and make a sad sound. Ava doesn't like bug bites. Ava is fascinated by pulling my shirt down so that my bra is showing when we're out in public. She starts to giggle when I tell her no. ;) Ava is so special....It seems like we have known her so much longer than 3 short days. Each and every day we learn something knew about her. My gawd, we love our girl.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

11 comments:
What a beautiful post:) Ava sounds PERFECT!!!
Fantastic post!
BTW, I see the from the 2nd to last item (the one about pulling your shirt down to expose your bra) that you didn't heed my advice -- as that was one of the things I specifically mentioned in my tips! Wear higher necked t-shirts!!
Okay, off to look at Ava pictures!
Great post!!! Sounds like Ava and H already have the same feelings about where to shop!!!hahaha. I am sure that your Bra's are at least pretty if they do get shown off a little!! Love all the details!!!
Ava & you sort of look alike!
Beautiful post about your beautiful girl. She is sounds so sweet and FUN!
Sounds like Ava is going to be keeping you on your toes! :)
Oooh, I love reading your updates on Ms. Ava. What a sweet little girl. I love her dark wavy hair. What is it about kids and french fries? They just go together. So glad to hear she is accepting both you and J. Keep the posts and of course the pics coming.
Sounds like the girl knows her fashion. Watch out !!!
Love all this...
She sounds so much like Kate as far as development. so great!
And 22lbs... is a lot to lug around!!
I had to stop wearing tee's to church... it's one thing to flash someone at Wal-mart... but at church...
Wow!! Ava is so beautiful and it sounds like things are going so very well!!
So happy to see her in your arms!!
Sandra D.
L looks like ten years have been lifted from her face. I cry everytime I hear the music that you both posted. BTW Luna's last name is spelled with an 'S' at the end! Ava is simply adorable; I wish I could have an dinner of sea cucumber in everyone's honour!!!!!
Thank you for sharing your journey. Those of us still waiting love it. Ava is so beautiful and healthy looking!
Ahhh...good stuff!
My girl has a fascination with the boobs too. She will do the same to me but has also been know to reach out and grope my sis-in-law out of nowhere.
She's such a snort! Enjoy your cutie.
Post a Comment