I had several people ask me about the name of the blog. Also, a few made comments on the picture of the moon and where it came from. I was going to do a post on this several days ago and then all the rumors starting flying about the referrals....And I got a little side tracked! =)
The name Our Bella Luna (meaning: Our Beautiful Moon) is named after my two beloved female dogs (I also have two male dogs) Bella and Luna. Bella is a toy poodle and is two years old. Luna as most people know.....Stole my heart back in August, 2005 (the same month we started the adoption) when I acquired her from my brother. Luna is a terrier mix and is about fifteen years old now. She has also been my alias on Rumor Queen for over three years now! ;)You may have seen her little picture commenting around the RQ forum. That girl gets around!! ;)
The picture of the moon.....I'd LOVE to say that I took the picture, but sadly I did not. I'm sure Special K has already discovered where I nabbed it from.....Goo*gle!! =) It looked like it could have been taken in the same area I'm from. I'm not going to say where that is.....Since I'm TRYING to keep this blog more private. You know....Keeping it on the down low! ;)
The moon also has another significance to me as far as the adoption goes. Before I go to bed I always take the dogs outside to do their nightly business. I stand outside in the yard with them and look up into the sky at the moon. I always think about China and wonder about my daughter and who she is. I always wonder if she is okay. I always wonder if she is warm enough. I always wonder if she has enough to eat. I always wonder if someone is holding her. I always wonder if she knows she is loved. Always. It's the closest I ever feel to her......Thank goodness, that part will be changing on Monday.....When I see her precious face.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

8 comments:
Amen sista. No more wondering who she is come Monday. The rest will continue to be on your mind until that chicklet is in your arms and what a day that will be.
She is under the same Bella Luna and soon to be under the same roof.
Beautiful blog......beautiful post.......beautiful family!!
What a touchly significant name! Yes, Monday will be the day you will know who the little girl you thought of while looking at the moon is. Oh how I wish SUNDAY did not exist this week.
What a beautiful post. I'm so glad that come Monday you will have a face to put to all the times you have thought about her.
Tomorrow will be a wonderful day for your family.
Where is that darn package anyway!
You are very deep -- congrats for tomorrow -- See ya at dinner.
Oh my, I can hardly wait to hear your good news.
Your wait is almost over.
eeeeeeek!
Post a Comment