Friday, May 15, 2009

I *THINK* I'M GOING TO CHINA!!

I received an email from my agency this morning. The Civil Affairs in Jiangxi has agreed to confirm appointments for my travel group!! *INSERT SCREAM!!* They have suggested we travel on June 4th. *INSERT SCREAM!!* Our agency also suggested that we purchase flight insurance in case the swine flu gets worse and our dates would have to be cancelled. They're requesting our Consulate appointments today and we should hopefully have everything confirmed next week. What a relief *insert HUGE sigh* My oldest daughter graduates from High School on May 31. My youngest son turns 9 on June 3. Leaving June 4th would be perfect. Just. Perfect.

I started crying tears of joy when I read the email this morning (everyone in my office was crying!). I have been so down in the dumps this last week watching so many people making travel plans and here I sat with no idea when we will ever travel. I'm also crying tears of sadness today, because I want SO VERY MUCH that my LID twin gets her TA so she can travel with our group. M has had to jump through extra hoops because her paperwork had expired and she was forced into the Hague process. In this past week I know exactly how she felt watching her group get excited about upcoming travel.....Only to be held back. If you could send some positive vibes her way....I would appreciate it. I started this journey with her and I don't want to end it without her. It was the ONLY thing I could come up with with our travel delayed....Maybe, she could catch up. I'm praying like crazy that it happens. I'm also praying like crazy that referrals arrive again soon for all those waiting families. This wait has been pure torture as it is.....This damn flu bug needs to take a hike already!! This adoption community needs to start hearing some good news for a change.

13 comments:

Jeanette said...

I'm sitting here crying tears of joy for you...i know what a long heartbreaking process this has been...i'm crying a few tears for your friend too, i know how much you wanted to travel together...i will send my prayers and hopes that all her paperwork goes through ok and you two can go get your babies together!!!...

Maya's Mommy said...

That is wonderful news! Maybe there's hope for us yet!!!

kc said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
kc said...

OK - LET'S TRY THIS AGAIN! WOO HOO!!!

Dawn and Dale said...

I'm soooooo excited for you Lisa!! That is just really really great news!!!!!

OziMum said...

HOLY CRAP!!! 4 JUNE?!!! That's only a matter of DAYS away!!!!

EEEEEEKKKKKKKKKKKKK!

Oh L, I'm SO excited for you guys!!!

Diana said...

I am saying lots of prayers for BOTH of you!!!
I am THRILLED to hear you almost have your TA:)

Lisa and Tate said...

Such good news! I am dancing a happy dance for you! I am really hoping your LID twin travels with you!

J said...

I'm doing the snoopy dance. This is the best news I've heard all week. Ava, your mommy is coming, hold on.

C's Mom said...

Now I LOVE coming back to that kind of news!!!

Bring on some June lovin' :0)

Special K said...

Exciting news!!! Lots of positive thoughts flowing for all y'all Marching Pandas. I need ya out of the way for me. LOL!

Pug Mama said...

so happy for you!
And thanks for the shout-out - you are a sweet heart.

Helen said...

Phew!! I really hope everything gets sorted out for you two xx