Tuesday, May 5, 2009

A LITTLE UPDATE

I was hoping that I'd be able announce yesterday that we received our TA (travel approval), but no such luck. I heard a couple reports that more might be on the way.....Hoping by Wednesday ours arrives.

My son started feeling better about an hour or so after he threw up yesterday. He is going to have to wait until Wednesday to return to school, because of the new rules they have put in place because of the Swine Flu. Poor little guy really wants to go to school today, but it looks like he and I have a day home. =) My husband is feeling a little better today too. Like everyone said....We need to get sick NOW and then be healthy for China.

I watched my package arrive by FedEx yesterday to the National Visa Center. I gave them a couple hours and called them hoping my approval was put in their system. I guess they don't work that fast. I know, it shocked me too. ;) Anyway, they told me to call back later this week. I do have the name of the person that signed for it.....Just in case they can't locate it. From what I have heard, they're now sending them to the Consulate by electronic scan. I'm hoping by the time my TA is here.....My paperwork will be where it's supposed to be. Wouldn't that be nice.....

So, another day at home stalking Rumor Queen for me......Hoping to see some more TA's roll in. I'm glad to see the Swine Flu reports seems to be less and less the last couple of days. I'm hoping that by the time we travel, if they're still talking about it.....It's just a little blurb on the last page of the paper. It's stressful enough getting ready to travel....Without the fear of being quarantined looming over you.

3 comments:

Pug Mama said...

keeping my fingers crossed for your TA.
I just emailed Rebecca asking her to check on my Article 5 --------- a girl can dream.....

kc said...

thinking of you all! glad the boys are feeling better!

Truly Blessed said...

It's gotta be coming soon...I think you'll be in China before the end of May FWIW.

Love the updated pictures of your beautiful girl. Can't wait to meet you AND her! We'll get the girls together and my two can teach Ava some fun stuff...