Friday, May 8, 2009

ONE STEP FORWARD....TWO STEPS BACK

One step forward and two steps back or is it two steps forward and one step back? I don't really think it matters right now, but I'll tell you why it's the title of my post for today. We received our TA today (Yipee!!) AND we even got our Visa's (Yipee!!) and we ALSO received notice from our agency that the Province that Ava is from (Jiangxi) is NOT taking Civil Affairs appointments right now because of the Swine Flu. That means travel is a no go until the Province decides we can go. Remember in the CCAA announcement regarding the Swine Flu....The following was mentioned:

Adoptive families are advised to follow the arrangement of local registration authorities and cooperate during the entrustment of child for the harmony period and the adoption registration process.

My agency said that the Province is reading that and saying that THEY get to decide when we can travel. From what my agency said this is not just our Province.....It's a whole bunch of them. We have our TA, our Visa's, they can book our Consulate appointment, but they can't confirm the Civil Affairs appointment in Province. Sadly, you need to be able to do that to complete your adoption. I'm hoping this is resolved soon. I'm more than ready to bring my daughter home.

8 comments:

Maya's Mommy said...

Our TA is in our province awaiting approval and then will be passed on to our agency. This is such a nightmare! I thought that things would still be a go once we received our TA. I was in shock reading your post and just can't believe this. Can I ask what your travel dates were?

I know exactly how you feel!
Lori

Daniella said...

I don't know what to say. This ride just keeps getting crazier and crazier.

Special K said...

I heard this yesterday. I hope it's resolved soon. I can't believe all the conflicting info coming out of China right now and how every agency seems to interpret it differently.

K said...

I saw your comment on the blog about the possibility of your daughter being at my daughters birthday party in China. OHHHHHHHHHHHH I hope so. Now can we go get them PLEASE!
Kelly

Mary said...

It is always something....isn't it.. and just when I think it must be the last THING...Something new happens.... CRAZY

Maya's Mommy said...

I thought that when families received their TA's that it included the itinerary of the trip and everything was done on the other end, (CCAA). I sure hope that it gets settled soon, too. This is crazy!

Headmeister said...

Happy Mothers Day :)

Lynn said...

Happy Mother's Day!!!