Monday, May 11, 2009

AND IT ONLY GETS WORSE

This was just posted in the forum on RQ (I copied it and pasted it here):


this was posted on our company intranet a short time ago. The company is a large international company so they should have the correct information. I am not sure from where it is though."The Chinese visa application centre have advised that due to recent events regarding the swine flu outbreak, the Chinese Embassy have suspended issuing visas to travellers holding passports with entry or exit stamps (dated anytime from the 20th April and onwards) from the following countries: Mexico, Spain, USA and Canada. This is irrespective of nationality. This change is with immediate effect and applies to both new applicants and any travellers holding existing valid Chinese visas. The Chinese authorities have also advised that there is a strong possibility that travellers arriving in China by flight, on a previously issued visa, may be refused entry by Immigration officials, if their passport shows any evidence of recent travel to any of the above countries. This information is yet to be updated on the Chinese Embassy?s website. Further updates will be posted here when they are received."

5 comments:

Mary said...

ok...so the united states has figured out that the swine flu is not as BIG of a deal as they thought after all..... so why in the heck is China still flipping out over this....I don't get why a country so bent on population control has an issue with this anyway..

Dawn and Dale said...

It looks like T got her appt's! I'll pray you guys do as well!!!

t~ said...

Lisa,
I have no idea what to believe. Though my agency is making travel arrangements & telling me that all is squared away, I am reserved and still have doubt. I don't have a clue what to believe, though I have to now plan for travel in 10 days. I'm guarding my heart & praying we all wake up to a new reality. We've gone through enough BS that it's time to bring our girls home. Now.

Daniella said...

I'm sorry even at this point, it's not an easy road. it just plain sucks. I hope tomorrow brings some answers and clarity.

Maya's Mommy said...

You aren't the only one still waiting! We received our referral March 9, 2009, our TA is sitting on a desk at our provincial office in Manitoba. It's been there since last Thursday, for sure. It is very frustrating seeing others get their TA's and then their babies, while se sit here waiting and waiting. This is by far, one of the hardest things I have ever gone through. Good luck, and I hope you hear something very soon. Maybe we'll see you in Nanchang!

Lori