Thursday, April 30, 2009

THERE IS HOPE

Our very reliable agency is saying that the CC*AA will still issue our travel approvals. They said that the CC*AA is advising us not to travel, but it is left up for US to decide. We must sign an agreement with our agency, but it's OUR decision! FINALLY, we have some control over this adoption journey!

I still have an issue with the US*CIS. Our local office STILL hasn't sent our approval on to the National Visa Center. I spoke with my Congressman's office this morning and they said it could take two weeks to get worked out. If we can get over the hurdle of the Swine Flu.....We can get over the hurdle of my paperwork problem. Stress right up to the very end.....

NO LONGER JUST A RUMOR

Announcement
Date of Release:April 30,2009   Souce:CC*AA
Adoption agencies:
Currently there are cases of human infection of the swine flu found in some countries and regions. With the high infectivity of this disease, children are susceptible to it for their low resistance. In order to avoid cross infection during the process of adoption registration and protect the health of children in orphanages as well as the adoptive parents, we hereby announce that:
Adoption agencies are required to counsel the adoptive parents who have received Notice of Coming to China for Adoption to postpone their trip to China for the registration procedure.
The validity period of Notice of Coming to China for Adoption issued between March 1 to April 30 this year is prolonged from three months to five months (There is no need to update the paper).
Adoptive families are advised to follow the arrangement of local registration authorities and cooperate during the entrustment of child for the harmony period and the adoption registration process.
If adoptive parents feel unwell during their stay in China for the registration procedure, they shall go to the hospital for medical checkup in time and report to CC*AA about relevant situation.
Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.
                  

Wednesday, April 29, 2009

MORE BAD NEWS

There are rumors in Spain that they're not sending any referrals this month because of the Swine Flu outbreak. If this is true......Travel approvals will probably not be issued either. This means my daughter could sit in that orphanage until this all blows over. God only knows how long that will be. Taking a break until I can wrap my head around all this.

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

PLAN B

We spent most of the day yesterday reading about the Swine Flu and worrying about how it might effect our travel. We read that in China they're already taking temperatures of those arriving from the areas that have reported cases of the Swine Flu. We made the decision yesterday that the kids are not going to be joining us on our trip to China. The more of us traveling......The higher the risk that one of us will develop a fever and get quarantined. I can tell you right now who it would be.....Our 8 year old son. Our son suffers with TERRIBLE allergies and I have been worried sick about even taken him to China, because of his allergies. His allergies are so much worse in the Spring and Summer months. He also seems to pick up every little bug that comes his way. This trip is going to be stressful enough without worrying about one of the kids getting quarantined. I don't know if this whole Swine Flu stuff is going to blow over (God, I hope so), but we're too close to travel not to make the decision now. Once we send our money into our agency.....It's non refundable.

The kids really weren't as upset about staying home as I thought they would be. H is happy that we decided to buy her the new computer she has been wanting for a graduation/helping out while we're gone present. Our 14 year old son would have liked to have gone, but totally understands that his younger brother would end up getting us quarantined. =) And our little 8 year old.....Is happy that we're bringing him home lots of presents. I feel like we have made the best decision for our family.

J and I have also decided to skip Beijing. We don't want to be gone from the kids any longer than necessary. This isn't a vacation......It's a mission to bring home our girl. We're planning on taking everyone back to China when Ava is older.....We will tour Beijing then. Right now, I just want to bring my daughter home. Period.

Monday, April 27, 2009

I *HEART* MY CONGRESSMAN

I had emailed my Congressman on Friday, but hadn't heard back from his office. I was so frustrated and upset in my email.....For the life of me, I don't even remember if I gave them our phone number or not. I decided I better call them as soon as their office opened this morning. I ended up speaking to a nice woman that said she would help us. The woman sounded like she has dealt with our local US*CIS office in the past and said they have a liaison at the US*CIS office that she can have look into the problem. The woman then called back this afternoon and said she was just getting ready to send an inquiry over to the US*CIS office on our behalf.
Thank God. It sounds like they will follow up until our immigration approval reaches the US Consulate in China. I feel like a weight has lifted off my shoulders.....Just knowing someone is going to help us. What a relief.

Sunday, April 26, 2009

THE SWINE FLU

Just one more added worry in regards to our upcoming travel plans.......

Saturday, April 25, 2009

THE MOST BEAUTIFUL GIRL AT THE PROM

Where has the time gone? How could this day already be here?

Our little girl is going to her Senior Prom.

H & M (M had a little injury yesterday and needed stitches over his eye!)




Note to Mary: You did a FABULOUS job with her hair! ;)




Friday, April 24, 2009

THE PROBLEM TODAY

WHY can't anything in the adoption go smoothly???? I emailed Guangzhou (like Brandi had suggested in the comment section a couple days ago) to see if they had been forwarded my third approval from NVC.....THEY DON'T HAVE IT!!! I called NVC and they claim that my local USCIS office never forwarded it on to them. Of course, there isn't a working number for our local office. I'm about to lose my s#i%!!! I sent an email to the Orphan Officer, emailed my Congressman, emailed my agency, emailed my social worker and talked to NVC. If this in not resolved ASAP, our travel will be delayed. I just want to cry.............

P.S. Thank you, Brandi. You have bought us extra time to get this resolved.

UPDATED TO SAY: I received a shame on you email from my agency for contacting the Consulate in China. They want to wait until they're told they don't have our paperwork, before they want to do anything about it. Yes, let us all sit here and do nothing and waste precious time. I think not.

UPDATED YET AGAIN TO SAY: Families are allowed to contact the US Consulate. This is on the website of the Consulate in China:

How can I contact the Consulate regarding a visa case? The Immigrant Visa Unit accepts inquiries regarding specific cases through an email form on its website: http://guangzhou.usconsulate.gov/iv/email.html. If you don?t have access to the internet, you may send your inquiry via mail or fax at (86-20) 3884-4412. The IV Unit can only respond to inquiries from applicants, petitioners, and attorneys of record.

Can you tell I'm ticked??!! ;)

Thursday, April 23, 2009

TAKEN WHILE WE WERE SLEEPING

Our agency JUST sent these to me!!!! We're just THRILLED!!!



OUR GIRL IS 14 MONTHS OLD TODAY

I have to tell you.....Waiting for travel approval is pure torture.