Monday, December 7, 2009

FIRST VISIT WITH SANTA/SIX MONTHS A FAMILY



I was shocked that Ava actually sat on Santa's lap today....AND without any tears or arms flailing every which way...That's the most shocking part! I do think that it helped that I told Santa that it was probably a REALLY good idea if he would give Ava the candy cane at the beginning of their visit, instead of the end. ;)

Today also marks six months that we have been a family. This little girl has brought so much joy into our lives...She was worth every single second of the wait. I can hardly believe it's already been six months since she was first placed in our arms. Sometimes it feels like yesterday...Other times it feels like she's been here forever.

4 comments:

Brandi said...

That's a great pic with Santa! We're taking Kalia this weekend....I'm fully expecting a picture of her screaming & reaching for me! Oh well...

Alicia said...

I love this pic!!! Thanks for a copy as well, when you mentioned H was bringing in pics, I assumed for us to look at, not my own copy!!! It's hard to believe its been 6 months already. Just seeing all of you together, you'd swear you were her family from day one!

kc said...

she is so cute -- and I just love those boots! what a stylish little one! congrats on 6 months! Ready for #2?

Anonymous said...

Great idea (candy at the beginning of the visit) will have to try that one. It is so hard to believe they have been home 6 months!! Merry Christmas!!!