Monday, September 7, 2009

3 MONTHS A FAMILY



Dear Ava LaLa,

How could it be that it's already been 3 months since we first held you? Time passed so slowly when we were waiting for you and now it's going by so quickly.

You continue to blossom each and every single day. Your such a smart little girl. You just started to say good job as you clap your hands together. This is the first time you have put two words together. Daddy was trying to teach you how to say hello yesterday and you almost have it down. You watch Daddy so intently trying to see how he does it. You also understand everything. We tell you to get your shoes, your toys, your socks, your bathing suit, your cup, etc....You understand it all! You also understand the word no, but you don't always listen. ;)Sometimes we will ask you where something is (you usually do this when we ask you where a person went or what happened to your dinner) and you flip your hand so the palm side is up and make a face that says, "Where did it go?"

We took you back to the doctors a couple weeks ago for your 18 month check-up. You didn't get any taller since you were there in June, but you gained a pound. You really are a good eater. I really think that green beans might be your MOST favorite food of all. When you first came home, you didn't like vegetables. Now, you eat EVERYTHING. You even like watermelon now....You didn't like it and spit it out when we were in China. You love when we go have lunch with Daddy on Thursday's at one of our most favorite restaurant. They said they're going to have to have green beans every Thursday on the menu, because they know how much you love them!

Some of your favorite things to do right now are swimming, riding in the golf cart...Especially if we drive it to get ice cream, taking a bath, having breakfast with mega bro bro, playing in your room with Ian and having Sissy paint your nails. You also like to give Sissy all kinds of hair clips to put in your hair.....Only to remove them immediately. You do so with a devilish grin on your face!

Usually, this time of the year I start to dread the thought of summer ending, but not so much this year. I look forward to the Fall and seeing you dressed in the Halloween costume that I bought for you four years ago! I look forward to spending our first Thanksgiving together...We have so MUCH to be thankful for this year....YOU! I'm also excited for you to see snow! I already know the look you will have on your face when you see those white flakes falling from the sky for the first time! I also can't wait until Christmas! I'd always get sad during Christmas when you weren't here, but thank goodness that's over. You're finally home where you belong and I look forward to so much because you're here!

Happy 3 months a family, Ava! I love you!!

~Mommy

9 comments:

Mary said...

Finally a new post... I was going through withdrawl's.... Love it!!!

t~ said...

Happy 3 months together! It goes by so fast doesn't it? Ava's smile lights up a room!

Truly Blessed said...

Three months already....how quickly times flies when you're on this side of the wait, eh?

I hope we can get together again soon for some playtime.

alicia said...

Yet again...your words bring tears to my eyes. Happy 3 months!!

Madge said...

Sounds like you are thoroughly enjoying little Miss Ava. I love all her pics...especially the one in thi!s latest one

Madge said...

I meant to say...especially this latest one!

kc said...

- what a beautiful gift for Ava when she gets older -- She is stunning -- and congrats on 3 months a family!

Mom 2 six said...

Happy 3 !!
She is so precious.

Jeanette said...

awww geez, everytime you post something it brings tears to my eyes but they are happy tears, and i feel so lucky to know little Miss Ava too...she is so adorable...