Tuesday, August 18, 2009

LALA AND CONGCONG

A little over a month ago I had Ava on my lap when I was looking at some of my favorite adoption blogs. I happened to click on Jenn's blog and was looking at a photo of her daughter Meili. Ava immediately pointed to the photo and then looked back at me with a look in her eye that said, "Hey, I KNOW that girl!" It just so happens that Meili is from the same orphanage as Ava and I just knew that Ava knew Meili by the reaction she had to seeing Meili's photo. Ava has looked at many pictures of other children and has never paid any attention....This even includes children in our travel group that she had met.

While we were in China to get Ava, we learned that Ava had spent most of her life living in the orphanage. Ava did spent the first 3 1/2 months of her life in foster care, but then was sent to the orphanage until she came home to be with us. None of the other babies in our travel group lived in the orphanage. When Jenn traveled to China to get Meili she learned that Meili had also lived in the orphanage. That pretty much told me that yes, Ava DID know Meili.

I had commented to Jenn that I thought that our girls might know each other. I received an email today that confirmed that fact. Jenn was showing Meili a photo of Ava and she said that Meili lit up like a Christmas tree and waved to the computer and said 'LaLa'......Which happens to be what Ava was called in the orphanage! It seriously brought tears to my eyes knowing that Jenn and I have known each other since before we had log in dates for China and little did we know....Our girls were growing up together!

The video below is of me showing Ava a photo of Meili and using Meili's name they called her in the orphanage. Ava has never heard me say 'CongCong' before (and I hope I pronounced it right!) and I wanted to get her reaction. Ava did say 'CongCong' later tonight when she heard us talking about her! Jenn and I hope to get the girls together for a visit sometime. How wonderful that the two little girls who became friends half way around the world would have two mama's that also became friends while waiting for them.


9 comments:

Mary said...

I can't believe what a small world this is.... What a cool connection to have... Ava likes seeing that picture.... I hope they get to meet again soon!

t~ said...

What a beautiful blessing in such a small package!

Ava is so stinkin cute!

Pug Mama said...

AMAZING!!
You need to get the girls together!!

Special K said...

That's amazing! I guess the world really is smaller than we think. ;)

Suzie said...

WOW - how amazing! It's incredible that they recognized each other.

Jenn said...

Haha! We didn't get referred together but you guys are stuck with us now anyways...:) Can't wait to get the girls together and finally meet my blog friend in person! Yep, I think 'It's a Small World' is my new theme song...

Oh-and Meili's CN looks like Kong Kong but it sounds like 'SongSong' with a long O. We weren't sure about it either until we went to China.

Lynn said...

That is incredible! What an amazing blessing! I can't wait to see them together.

BTW... love that little dress Ava's wearing! ; )

OziMum said...

Oh.my.goodness! I've got goosebumps all over!!!

God, the internet is such a wonderful thing, isn't it?!

Polar Bear said...

That is the sweetest thing!! :o)